Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Hello,
Thank you, Mom, for the Easter package! I especially like the notecards. Sister Chudleigh was really appreciative, too. When I got the family letter, at first I wondered what in the world you could be sending me that was so thick, but I really enjoyed piecing the letters together. Thanks everyone for writing! =) (The Tilton side of the family sat down together and wrote letters...each of us wrote one sentence then passed along the paper so each letter had a different sentence from a different family member)

I did receive the $$ from Grandma. Tell her thank you for me; I'm hoping we'll have some time later today for me to catch up on responding to all my letters so I'll be able to write her back myself.

Our mission president has given us permission to play board games at members homes, so our district was playing ticket to ride together at a member's home in Sammamish. This is why my letter is later today than normal. I won once on the Germany edition, and then lost just barely on the Europe edition. The members also fed us leftover ham and potatoes from their Easter dinner for lunch. It was really generous of them.

Mom said she was hoping for an eventful email....I'm not sure how eventful it will be since we barly did anything this past week. >P
We had one lesson this past Monday with our investigator, Ed. Then he went in for his heart surgery on Wednesday...he survived! Yay! We still have an investigator! but then he got phenomena. Boo. He's home now from the hospital, but still recovering.
Other than that, we were inside. I've already been super weak this transfer from how bad my joints and muscles are doing, but then I came down with some sort of weird stomach bug. I think I cycled through about 10 different sets of symptoms Monday and Tuesday before it finally settled on just a general "blllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah." feeling Wednesday through Sunday. I tried going out to try to make Sister Chudleigh happy on Saturday but I only lasted about 20 minutes...We made it to sacrament meeting Sunday.... I'm feeling loads better today though! Finally!!!!!! I mostly just tried to sleep all week...not that that was very successful, since my muscles twitching kept me from being able to fall asleep the majority of the time.

I don't know how much you've talked with Sister Wilson, but this is why she wants me to see the neurologist. My muscles have twitched for as long as I can remember (Sister Chudleigh says this isn't normal...I just always thought it was: that every one's muscles would just randomly twitch...maybe that's why no one's ever figured out my joint pain? It never occur ed to me that my muscles were abnormal too!?) but they've been twitching a lot strongly and more often, and I have a hard time falling asleep with all the twitching nonsense going on. I've never really slept well, but these past 5 months or so have been especially sleepless.

I made an appointment for tomorrow to get a referral from Dr. Call (main mission doctor) for the neurologist. Hopefully I can get that all taken care of this week since while one side would argue that I just got to Redmond, of course I'm not getting transferred, I'm thinking the APs probably want their car back........so I might get transferred next week. I really feel like I can't even guess one way or the other, so we'll just have to find out.

Let's see...while I'm updating you on all my medical ailments, I might as well throw in that the skin on my arms has gotten really bad again...but we all know there's nothing anyone can do for that either sooooooooo...whatever.
This just might be one of the most boring emails I've sent so far....blah blah blah...I'm 22 and I feel like a 60 year old woman...just go find me a cane and a grey wig! blah blah blah...what else is new...
Anyways...
Oh! I forgot! This IS exciting news!! My roommate Allison Mills has received her mission call.......................to the SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA mission!!! (This is the mission where we live) She reports to the MTC July 11th. She didn't say she was serving Spanish, so I'm assuming she's English.
So...yeah...I guess we should end on a happy note.
Love you all! Miss you!
Sister Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment