Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

Hello!
We were in at 6 pm on New Year's Eve. We didn't do much. Planned for Sunday....sat around and talked...we decided we were allowed to go to bed early, since we weren't doing anything, so that was our favorite part. Usually when we're in early for holidays, they'll give us an assignment to read a talk or something, but nothing for New Years Eve or Christmas Eve....Sounds like both our New Years were pretty uneventful.
Sounds like it was a good game (BYU vs. Tulsa). Oh...and you might like to know: Mark Wilson is in our ward. Haven't met him personally yet though...our ward is HUGE...Sister Alberts doesn't even know everyone, and she's been here six months! It's ridiculous!
Congratulations to Michelle!!! Anyways, that's great to hear! Woohoo!
Sounds like Disneyland for 24 hours would be pretty fun. Are they going to have special characters out for it too?
Yes, I agree: Church history is pretty easy to learn. I think it'd be great if we spent a few years studying Church history like we spent the past two studying out of Gospel Principles.
We have church at 1 now. Sounds like you had a good sacrament meeting though. Ours was mostly about temporal welfare. And kids screaming in sacrament meeting. It was interesting.
I probably read 2-3 conference talks a week in my personal study. This week I read Elder Cook's and re-read Elder Anderson's. Right now I'm in Exodus in the Old Testament, and Jacob in the Book of Mormon. I'm reading the Old Testament for fun, and reading the Book of Mormon studying the Christlike attributes listed in PMG. I love my personal study time. Wish we got more of it.
We haven't gotten our January Ensign yet, but I'm sure it'll be great.
Good luck winning the HGTV Dream Home!
Good luck to Jon starting driver's ed. Don't crash Pepe (my car). Sister Albert's 17 year old brother has wrecked her car twice in the past two weeks.....just sayin'. ;) I'm sure Jon will do great though!
Have fun at the Rose Parade...I heard from one of our members it's Oregon and Wisconsin right? Should be a good game too. Who are/were you rooting for? Who's in the other BCS bowls? How did Utah do in the Pac 12 (that's still weird...)? I've heard rumors we've been invited to the Big East???
Thanks for sending the birthday package. I look forward to getting it! =)
This past week was much better than the week before. People actually wanted to talk to us now that Christmas was over... this is a pretty great ward, and we've got some really good work going on. ANYWAYS, that's about all the time I've got...I'll talk to you later!
Love you!
Sister Heather Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment