Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

I am glad Mom had such a fun week. The concert sounds like it was lots of fun. Glad you were able to get to go up on stage like you wanted.
That's quite a lot of missionaries out from Chaffey ward. Sounds like a good sacrament meeting. Julia just wrote me and told me that our roommate Anna is on a mission now in Flordia.
We don't stay in for snow. Church got cancelled, which made our day a little more hectic, since we're not allowed to drive in the snow either, so we're pretty much regulated to walking-distance, or we have to get member rides. We set up a ride to dinner, but they decided it would be more convenient to pick us up four hours early.....and then they kind of expected us to stay at their house and let them host us...so I asked if I could wash the inside of their widows. At least we got to do some service yesterday, if we didn't get much else done.

Glad you got to go to the temple. We're hoping for a temple trip next month but we won't know for sure for a few more weeks. It's up to the temple president when the missionaries get to go.
Good luck to Jon with his driving lesson. Hope all goes well and that he drives safe.
This past week we had a really good lesson with Bruce. We read the quote from Joseph Smith about the Book of Mormon being the most correct of any book and all went around and bore our testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Bruce wanted to go first, since he has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Then his land-lady (who's a member of our ward) bore her testimony, then me, then Sister Alberts. Then Bruce asked if he could go again, since he said his "testimony changed and grew while we talked." It's been really great to watch all the changes Bruce has gone through since I've gotten here. The Spirit is working really strongly on him, and he's completely open to the Spirit's influence.

I want to say thank you for paying for my mission. I never expected to come on a mission, so I never thought I had much need to plan for one, but I appreciate being able to drop everything and go, not having to worry about the expenses. I'm really gald to be here.
Talk to you next week,
Sister Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment