Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Hello everyone, you can all stop laughing at me now: Sister Chudleigh and I are now the proud drivers of a delightful car. All the walking the week and a half before we got the car really screwed up my leg, so even with the car we've been really limited on what we can get around to do so it's still really frustrating in that respect, but at least we CAN get to our appointments still.
Well...the highlight of this past week was that we got to go do baptisms for the dead with three of our recent converts in the ward. They each had a really spectacular time being at the temple for the first time; Sister Chudleigh and I definitely feel blessed to have been allowed to go with them. It's not an opportunity that many missionaries get.
It was pretty neat being there with the Pritchetts especially. We were all there on time, at 7, but the youth group before us thought they had the bapistry reserved until 7:30...so we didn't get down there until 8! But Jacob took the time to walk around the grounds, and then took his wife Tiffany around to look at all the statues with him. I think it was a really good experience to help them visualize their sealing next year. =)
We had a few good lessons with our investigators and we had a lot of successful lessons with recent converts and less active members this week, but it felt like the majority of time this week was spent inside elevating my leg. Super frustrating: I finally feel like I'm in an area with tons of work for us to do RIGHT NOW and I'm stuck inside!!! :P Bah!! Sister Chudleigh and I have gotten to know each other really well, at least. Her family is also very passionate about Disneyland. She got to work at Disneyworld last summer; she told me they're doing a whole expansion to fantasy land there, with castles for Ariel, Snow White and Belle. Sounds pretty neat.
Anyways...sorry I don't have more to update you about. This week was pretty boring for the most part. My leg feels better after it's been elevated for a few hours, but if I try to hobble around for longer than an hour or so it starts swelling up again. We'll see what happens. I might be going to the doctors later today, or I might just keep resting and let it heal on it's own........guess I just needed a lesson in patience or something.
Anyways...hope you enjoy your spring break!!
Love you all!
Sister Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment