Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

(just a little note before Heather's letter, I was really missing Heather this past week so I sent an email to the Missionary Mom email group. A kind church member who lives in the Everett Mission found out where Heather was and told me...I also learned that Heather is in a bike area....Heather doesn't ride a bike?!)

Hi!
Well...you apparently already know I'm in Redmond.
My new companion is Sister Chudleigh. She is from Utah; oldest of four. There's a new training program for new missionaries put out by the Church that lasts 12 weeks instead of 6, so I'm finishing her training, as her first trainer went home last transfer. I really love Sister Chudleigh; she's super sweet and motivated to do amazing things here in Redmond. She is also very passionate about all things Disney; she worked on the Soaring over California ride at Disneyworld last summer. She's close to graduating at BYU-I after her mission; she's been studying Humanities and wants to become a museum curator.
And anyways, thank you so much: I'm really SO glad you're all having a good time. It's bad enough having all the Elders making fun of me; glad Chaffey ward and all my family can join in, too. But thanks. I'm glad you're all enjoying making fun of me so much. (I'm not really making fun of Heather, I am just laughing a lot!)
So, on that note, I have a lot of things I need to buy today to be able to ride a bike (bike shorts, reflectors, etc.) so I'm probably just going to put it all on my wells fargo account. Next week can you check my balance and send it to me, just to check that I've been keeping track of everything right? Thank you.

'Glad Jon had a good average this season with bowling. When does the next league start up? Look forward to getting his letter.
Also; I'm glad to hear that all of you are enjoying your video games "together." I hope Mario Party is as good as the last one. It's time to get some new minigames (hopefully none like the monkeys though). Congratulations on finishing the yearbook.
Yes, the Bothell stake did get a new stake presidency my first week with Sister McAllister. I'm in the Redmond stake now...
Four new sisters arrived last week.
Things are pretty good here in Redmond. We had three investigators baptized last transfer (I'm glad I got to go to all of their baptisms because Sister McAllister was my companion) and they're all super amazing. One is a senior in high school, Kierra (we are now teaching her father, Ben, who we're pretty excited about), and a couple, Jacob and Tiffany (they have three kids, all under 6). Yesterday, Jacob was ordained as a Priest, which was super spectacular. He was completely excited about it!! =D
This week, we got special permission from President Wilson to go to the temple with all three of them to do baptisms for the dead. That NEVER happens!!!!!!!! Usually you can only get permission, MAYBE if your recent convert is receiving their endowment or being sealed......so, needless to say, Sister Chudleigh and I have been dancing around like crazy we're so excited to be able to go. We're suspecting it's because THREE recent converts are going isntead of just one, but we're not asking questions, that's for sure!
I did get the Rose Parade book; it was very nice. I appreciate being able to see pictures of what's going on with you. We were quite jealous of the sunshine. Sorry I haven't been able to send any photos in awhile; my last area didn't have anywhere with instant photo printing. If we can find somewhere here I'll send you some, though!

Have a good week! Hope your back gets feeling better soon!
Love,
Sister Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment