Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Hello! Sounds like you've all had a happy Thanksgiving.

The library is quite loud today. I guess they do ukulele lessons at our library now???

We had p-day on Thanksgiving...since we'd already emailed on Monday last week and we didn't really have any shopping to do we actually did get a day to relax! It was so nice! We studied until 10 like always, and then we played finger football (we made a full field on our coffee table and everything!). Unfortunately, BYU lost to Utah 20-18. Our kickers just weren't with it.......Then we went to one of our members' homes. We had a wonderful meal, and then we played some games. I won scattergories...I warned them when we started that I was going to!

Transfers are coming up on the 13th of December. I'm anticipating that I'll be transferred. I've been in Everson forever...It'll be good to be in a new area. I will miss Sister Beckstrand and Sister Niu though. We're having a really great time together. Next transfer we're getting four new sisters though, and one is going home...So we'll have 22 sisters!!! (With more coming still!) So we know at least one of us will be leaving, since there will be an even number in the mission again.

The highlight of this past week was probably starting to teach Jessica. She's the friend of a member in our ward we've met a few times. In the past she's been lukewarm, but last Monday when we were all at our member's house for dinner she said she'd been reading out of the Book of Mormon earlier that morning and that she was curious about it! She said her son's grandmother is also a member. We talked a bit about what the Book of Mormon is and how we came to have it. We asked her to read it and she said "But...I feel like I'm cheating on the Bible!" So we gave her some examples of how we use the Bible and the Book of Mormon together when we're studying (quite convenient that Sister Beckstrand and I are both in the Isaiah chapters of 2 Nephi right now, so we DO actually study out of both every morning) and she said she felt better. So we're excited to be teaching her now.

Love you all!
Sister Heather Holdsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment